In memory of our fallen comrades

In memory of our fallen comrades
Ah, the beauty of video games

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Better RED than DEAD

Well, if you have read most of my posts on here, you know I just love free roam, sandbox type games by now. Just so many choices, an endless amount of possibilites. Well.. Kinda XD. And I especially love where you can mold your character to your liking, like choosing his traits and whatnot. Well, it seems I am now officially going to start borrowing games from one of my close friends, since hey.. He has them, and willing to lend me them for as long as I need.. So why not? XD. Anyway, I borrowed Red Faction: Guerilla from him a few days ago, and beat it in a day. So heres the review for it :D.

Red Faction: Guerilla takes place.. Erm I forget the year XD. On Mars. You are a "nomad", named Alec Mason.Your brother, the ever so helpful Dan Mason (I believe thats his name..) dies within the first fifteen minutes of the game. Good fight you. Anyway, so you join a rebel group, called "Red Faction". They basically go around blowing crap up, and killing the EDF (Earth Defense Force). The whole game is centered around you helping out, by doing missions, and also doing what ill call the "Mini-missions" to gain morale. Another nifty thing. The game is also centered around you liberating.. Colonies, or sectors. You do so by completing all but the last mission in the sector, then you need to bring the Control over the sector (Of the EDF) to 0. Then you do the last mission, and BAM. The sector is yours. This means no pesky EDF to attack you.

Quick note: Starting from now, ill be using a Pro/Con way at the end. To make a simple, easy to read list of good and bad things.. ^^

Anyway, all in all its a good game. One thing I disliked though was how if you even drive past the EDF, its an all out attack unless you can get away. And the only real way to get out of the red is to visit a safehouse. Among a few other things. A few things I would have added is once you take out a EDF base, you can make a safehouse, or armory. And another thing is the ability to upgrade and/or customize your vehicles.

The vehicles were.. Alright. Not amazing, and not too bad. They provide some nice protection.. But other than that *shrugs*. Going on about something, this game isnt a sneaky game. You dont sneak, you just have an all out war open style. Sure you can take refuge in buildings or behind cover, but theres like a tracker on you, and the enemies find you D:.

Other than those few things, this game was very satisfactory. The endgame is alright, you basically can do some more mini missions, and raid some of their hideouts or w/e.. But thats about it. But I give this game a 9/10. It was awesome.



Mmkay, onto other things. I am buying Fallout: New Vegas soon. In a week or two. After I collect some money from some friends. I bought a hard drive.. AND I CAN FINALLY PLAY MY OLD XBOX GAMES. Lol. So, once I beat Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Even though no one cares about Xbox games anymore XD) ill have a review up. Until later ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment