In memory of our fallen comrades

In memory of our fallen comrades
Ah, the beauty of video games

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Some review changes.. And other stuff

Well, I thought id create a new way of reviewing. For starters, my reviews will look much cleaner, and not hashed up. Second, I will be reviewing ONE GAME per post, to make it easier. Another addition, ill be using a Pro-Con system at the end of the review, to show what I liked, and disliked. Another installment: Pictures. This will make it easier to actually see what the gameplay looks like. Among a few other things ^^.

Now, for an update. Today, me and a friend went and bought Fallout: New Vegas. Its a game ive played a bit of before, and loving Fallout  3, ive long since wanted it. Ill be getting the DLC soon, so dont worry :). Another thing, ive been borrowing games from my friend now.. So ill be having more reviews once I beat them. Dont worry, he hsa a bunch of games, and gets new ones frequently, so it wont be like 5 games or anything :P. Ive borrowed Far Cry 2 and Ninja Gaiden II this time, so my hands will be full with those and Fallout for at least a week or two.

My thoughts on the games so far:

Far Cry 2:

So far, its a decent game. The graphics are amazing, and I like the way the story is going. Merc in Africa with guns and its free roam sandbox: Just my style. Nothing suits me better than free roam and guns. But im largely also dissastified, because the game has a lot of room for improvement. Firstly, the map. You have to press a button, and then for local you have to press another button, and it doesnt pop up, you see this tiny square. And your position, with no markers except your objective.. *RAGE*. Another thing, its dark. And you cant see enemies very easily, especially in places like houses. AND THEY HIT HARD. *rant*. Well, thats just an introduction, once i beat it ill add more ^^

Ninja Gaiden II:

Well.. If you have played Dantes Inferno, Devil May cry I, II, III, or IV, or any other simple Hack N Slash-upgrade your multitude of weapons as you go along- linear-mass of enemies at one time games, and liked them, NG II is for you. The story is kinda odd, but the weapons are cool, the graphics are amazing, and there is just something sexy about watching your foes head fly through the air and his blood and guts splatter onto the opposite wall. And that girl is just plain cute XD. But its basically hack and slash your way through the levels and then the bosses with weapons. So far my favorite weapon is the bow and the Lunar Staff. More on this game later.

Fallout: New Vegas-

A simple preview wont do this game justice. Ill add a full blown out of your mind review for it, might even break it up into two posts with lots of pictures :D.

Ill add a review for whatever game I finish first, though F: NV will probably be last ^^. Well, until next time :D.

~LeggoMeEggo

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the NV review, I love the game and id like to see your view on it. I'm preparing to do my dragon age origins review on my blog as we speak, I hope I can put pics with my ereader.

    ReplyDelete