In memory of our fallen comrades

In memory of our fallen comrades
Ah, the beauty of video games

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bought Fallout 3 and Bioshock 2

Well, today I stopped by the game store, and bought a new controller, Fallout 3, and Bioshock 2.. So ill give my first impressions on them, and part of the story so far.

As for Fallout 3, not having played any of the Fallout games before, but hearing about how good it was and reading a few articles in GI, I decided id take the risk and hand over $15 for it. So far, my impression is its pretty good, though its one of those overly complicated semi free roam games with a storyline. If you dont know anything about Fallout, well.. If you have ever played an Elder Scrolls game, think of that. Elder Scrolls turned shooter. You get a set amount of skill points to spend each level, certain perks enhance certain types of combat and whatnot, etc etc. The weapons arent too bad, though they dont really explain the controls much. All in all, its a pretty good game, and im looking forward to the rest of it. Currently in the very beginning of the game, but hey, thats where the most important part is.. If it doesnt strike a good impression on the gamer, then most likely the gamer wont want to play it. I do believe im halfway through level two.. Lol. I give it a nice 8/10, maybe after I understand the controls a bit better ill give it a better rating ;P. Now for the story, your basically a kid sheltered in a sort of.. "Vault" as they call it, and the start of the game is pretty much setting the foundation for the rest. Im not going to say whether id recommend it or not just yet, but it seems to be a good game for those who have lots of time to spend to pick up and play for hours on end. Though casual gamers may like it as well.

Now, onto Bioshock. I briefly played the first one over a friends house, and planning to buy the first one in a little bit. The graphics are purely amazing, and the weapons and combat is awesome. I cant really explain the story, because it heavily relates to the first installment. But what I can say is you wont be disappointed, even if you havent played the first. I would recommend this game to those who love shooters, with a twist of super powers in them. Ill go more in depth with the details later on. I give it a 9/10 so far ^^.

Seeing as im just right in the beginning of the games, I cant pinpoint exactly what score id give them or who id recommend them for. But I can say after I beat them, youll see a review for them. I am going to buy one or two games later on this week, dont know which ones yet though. Ill probably be busy playing games the next few days, so I probably wont put too many manga reviews up. Well, until next time.

~LeggoMeEggo

No comments:

Post a Comment