In memory of our fallen comrades

In memory of our fallen comrades
Ah, the beauty of video games

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beat Bioshock.. And some other things

So, tonight I just finished beating Bioshock. And might I say, it was amazing. Of course... The ending kinda grinded my gears, (No spoilers ^^), but the overall gameplay was amazing. The story... Was awesome as well. Im looking forward to Bioshock: Infinite~! Now, im going to play a bit of Bioshock online, and then head onto Fallout 3. Im hoping to beat Fallout 3 in a week or two, but since its a free roam "sandbox" game, you never know... And by beat, I mean beat the main storyline ;P. Anyway, Bioshocks final review is here: In all, Bioshock is an amazing game. It dazzled me with beatiful graphics, combat that wasnt too hard and that was truly.. interesting, and a storyline that didnt bore me to tears, but actually had me straining my ears to listen to it. The combat is something ive never seen before. You get cool powers that sort of.. Accent your fight, like the electroball that can temporarily paralyze your foe and do a bit of damage, as well as winter blast, which freezes things, incinerate, which burns stuff and can set your foes on fire, and a few others ill leave as a secret. Though I will admit, out of all the powers you get Electroball was the prominent one, since I like to use guerilla tactics in any game, attacking quickly, retreating, attacking, wash, rinse, repeat. But the powers, if used correctly, will create a deadly force. Say you freeze or paralyze the Big Daddy in front of you, and then hack a couple security bots, and then use your shotgun with Heavy Shells to get in close, hes as good as dead. The weapons are awesome as well, each with usually three diverse types of ammo, like the Machine Gun has .50 mm, heavy bullets, and another one I forget. Anyway, with the diverse selection of plasmids (powers), tonics (Upgrades to you basically, like theres one that lets you run faster), and weapons and ammo, you will be a force to be reckoned with. I played on Easy (Its been a while since I played a Bioshock game, was wary of my abilities), and it took me 15 hours blazing through the game. All in all, I give it a 10/10, for... amazing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment